For The First Quarter
My goals have always been targeted at putting two books on Amazon’s (mostly from smashwords) shelf in July. But that was before I was nearly complete with two books of that series in two months. So I was going to try to be ready to put one up for each quarter of the year and a fifth book for December sales.
A lot has happened and I am starting to fall short of that goal. So in honor of still making that April release happen so that I might be able to afford that illusive ISBN number by July for both of those releases, I have thought extensively about offering a 5 story anthology from five of the story lines that I have running in my notes right now. Two of those will have to be rewritten, but I could have it ready for a pre-June launch.
The stories that will make that cut are:
- Dale Pennington’s entire Korean War situation from his Astronomical back story that is scattered throughout that book (the first in the Maraude Series)
- A Dog and His Girl – The story that is to make up the volume of the Neighbor’s Basement graphic novel, should I ever get started back on it. This story won me an award at WeBook a while back
- SpeedBreaker – Evan’s Awakening – I had thought about Doctor Randal’s awakening but Evan seemed the more compelling as he is the main anti-hero… Or is he?
- Stage – My original thought was to post the new Prologue for the Stage novel’s rewrite. And I still might, but this story isn’t set in stone until the publishing day… It might be one of the chapters from the rough of Wyldheart (which is book two)
- SunDay – There is a lot of hype on this one. For me to not have even started it yet. My brother and I are supposed to be co-writing it, but it has kind of fallen to the back burner. But I have a killer Prologue for it from the perspective of the lab that watches the whole thing unfold from the safe side of the planet…
The tentative title for this endeavor is to be: Sir Keystone – Tales From The Back Burner
What do you think?
Do you have a thought about a co-write we might add to it?
I’m all for some co-writing experience; after all that’s how James Patterson can put out 13 books a year… Think about it 😉
Posted on April 7, 2012, in writings and tagged anthology, Astronomical, co-writing, Dale Pennington, Maraude, Neighbor's Basement, SpeedBreaker, Stage, Tales From The Back Burner, Wyldheart. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.